The Power of Searching Google: The Right Way
For many of us, a Search Engine such as Google, has been a good friend of ours for many years now. We have been asking Search Engines questions and Search Engines have been giving us answers. Google for example, has consistently and progressively improved the quality and relevance of these answers that are return from our relentless queries. Google has offered an advanced Search page narrowing down Search results even further. But for some of those hardcore search operators this was not enough. Search operators are able to use advanced Search commands that are manually inputted into the search box. A Search Engine such as Google, have really defined the definition of “The Power of Search” as these advanced operations retrieve and uncover and incredible amount of working Data. Viable Data that would other wise remain buried in (For example) 287,000,201 millions results that were retrieve from its database in a mere 0.23 seconds.
Refraining from going off on a rabbit trail, Google teaches us Web Masters and SEO’s alike, to tighten up on our robots.txt, rel=”nofollow” and rel=”noindex” on pages and directories that we dont want Search bots to crawl and index. Its incredible what Search engine crawlers can innocently uncover and in turn index!
Power Searching With Google
So if your like me, you spend a decent amount of time everyday searching Google’s Database for answers and for resources. Why not search the right way? Why not learn how to maximize your search potential and learn how to do it from the Search Engine provider itself. This is where ” Power Searching With Google” comes into play! Google has announced that it will be offering a “short course” on maximizing your search efficiency. Who does not strive to be more efficient? Not only do we want to maximize our time but we want to maximize the viable data that is retrieved from our searches queries.
What Is This Course About?
Power Searching with Google is a course that aims to teach search operator some tricks and “best practices” for using the search engine more effectively. My impression is that they aim to serve the everyday user as well as advanced users as well. Best of all, Google states that the course is free and upon completion of the course, you walk away with a certificate that you can print out and hang proudly on your wall. Well, the last part is up to you but any Google certification in our book is well, pretty cool. Google provides a course schedule as well as some course details such as;
- The search course will consist of six 50-minute portions.
- It will be interactive giving you the ability to “practice” these new found skills.
- The search pupil will have networking opportunities via connecting with others attendees, using Google Groups, Google+, and Hangouts on Air.
- As stated previously, upon graduation of the course, the graduate will receive a printable “Certificate of Completion”. The document will be emailed to you.
Important Dates to Remember
All this information was pulled from the main course page but for easy reference
- Registration is open from June 26, 2012 to July 16, 2012. Register early!
- New classes will become available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting on July 10, 2012 and ending on July 19, 2012.
- All Course-related activities will end on July 23, 2012.